22 February @ 13:30 - 15:00
Organised by : Martin Thompson
KLESHAS The Kleshas-The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is one of the most profound texts on yoga which explains yoga and the obstacles that prevent us from realising the true nature…
Being divided into four sections, the second book or the portion on practice defines the obstacles to truth which are called Kleshas.
This workshop introduces and explains each Klesha in detail with concise definitions which provide a clear understanding of how the Kleshas affect us at ever
The Five Kleshas
Sutras 2.3 – 2.9
- Avidya – Non-truth
- Asmita – Ego
- Raga – Attachment
- Dvesha – Aversion
- Abhinivesha – Fear of death
The Kleshas are often defined as colourings that shade our view of the world and significantly affect our relationship with other people.
- The Kleshas deal with the truth, or a lack of it
- The ego or our over identification with the body as permanent
- Our uncontrolled attachment to things and people
- Its opposite of aversion which leads to hate and racism
- And ultimately the deepest fear of all, death of the self.
Your workshop presenter Martin Thompson has over 45 years of yoga practice and study. His main role is leading the teacher training from the Yoga Dharma schools in Essex, Nottingham and Veliko Tarnovo.
The workshop will come with a course handout.